14’ & 16’ Floor Mount Frame Assembly
14′ & 16′ Floor Mount Frame Assembly Printable PDF
Floor Mount Frame Assembly Instructions For Barre Sizes 14’ & 16’
- Folding X-Brace
- Folding Y-Brace
- FS Legs with Non-Marring Feet
- Extension Studs
- Hex Head Bolts
- White Caps
- Lag Bolts (Or other appropriate fastener)
- Square Nuts
- Large Wing Nuts
- Large Washers
- Medium Washers
- Small Wing Nuts
- Wood Barre(s), in the same length(s) as the Free Standing Unit (Sold separately)
- Attach each FM Leg to each Upright with the Hex Head Bolts. (See Diagram)
- Set the FM Diagonal in place next to the FM Leg and Upright.
- Unfold the X-Brace and the Y-Brace.
- Connect both Uprights together with the X-Brace using the Small Wings Nuts. The order should be: Small Wing Nut, the X-Brace, The top of the FM Diagonal, then the Upright.
- Connect one of the Uprights (from Step 4) and the last remaining FM Diagonal with the Y-Brace using the Small Wing Nuts. The single end of the Y-Brace connects to the top stud of the Upright that is in the middle. The order should be: Small Wing Nut, the Y-Brace, The top of the FM Diagonal, then the Upright.
- Connect the bottom of the FM Diagonals to the FM Legs and to the floor with the Lag Bolts or other appropriate fasteners (not included). Lag Bolts may not be appropriate for all types of flooring.
- Mount the opposite side of the other FM Legs to the floor with the Lag Bolts or other appropriate fasteners (not included).
ATTACHING EXTENSION STUDS TO THE BARRE
- Hand-screw all Extension Studs into the Wood Barre clockwise until the shoulders of the extension touch the wood. An additional 1/2 turn (NO MORE) may be necessary to straighten out the Extensions and make them perpendicular to the Wood Barre, and parallel to each other.
- Screw on the Large Wing Nuts, Large Washers and Square Nuts exactly as show in the illustration.
MOUNTING BARRE TO THE BASE
- On the Barre assembly, twist the Square Nuts so that the ends of the Extensions are flush with the Square Nuts.
- Then holding the Barre with the Extension Units attached, slide the Square Nuts down inside the Channels.
- Lower the Barre assembly to the location desired, hold the Barre level and tighten the Wingnuts.
- Grab the Wood Barre at the point where the Extension shoulders touch the wood and wiggle the Barre up and down while tightening or loosening the Wingnut.
ADJUSTING BARRE HEIGHT ON BRACKET
- Grab the Barre next to where the Extension shoulders touch the wood.
- Give the Barre an up and down wiggle, as needed, while loosening or tightening the Wingnut.
- Then slide it up or down the Channel and wiggle to retighten the Wingnut.
14′ & 16′ Floor Mount Assembly Frame Printable PDF
ASSEMBLY AND CARE DISCLAIMER
Alvas Barres Floors Mirrors (“Alvas”) encourages customers to have all Alvas products professionally installed and maintained by an experienced and licensed contractor. Alvas provides installation and care/maintenance instructions for clients’ information and convenience only. Alvas cannot and does not make any representations, warranties or guarantees with respect to the installation, care or maintenance of Alvas products or any damage or defects resulting from the same. Improper installation, care or maintenance of any barre, floor, mirror, or other Alvas product may invalidate the product’s warranty or guarantee, if any. Alvas reserves the right to deny customer claims made pursuant to any such warranty or guarantee if Alvas determines the damage or defect to the product is the result of improper installation, care, maintenance or use of the product.